Thursday, November 14, 2013

Blog 5:

A theme I noticed had to do with familiarity, or the degree to which I knew or could predict a person. It seemed as if every time I saw them we were becoming more used to each other. We were starting to understand each others' body language, even though language was still a barrier.

This experience will help my future interpersonal interactions in that I've learned that different isn't necessarily that scary. You can become familiar with others whose culture is different than yours. There are simply things you have to understand first like their mannerisms, ways of addressing others, language, and other characteristics of culture. Once you have a grasp on these things, or at least know that they are as different to you as you are to them, it'll make it easier for you to communicate with one another more effectively and respectfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment